Reading stack traces from bug reports

Jumpod Plekhongthu pjumpod at
Wed Nov 14 02:22:08 GMT 2007

        I really interest but I'm in Thailand,I think I can't come to your
        so If next time you will training in Thai ,Could you let's me
Best Regards.
Jumpod Plekhongthu
TDC Celestica Thailand
EXT 2865

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu at>
Sent by: ubuntu-motu-bounces at
11/14/2007 06:30 AM

bugsquad at, MOTU Mentors
<ubuntu-motu-mentors at>, Masters of the Universe
<ubuntu-motu at>, fridge-devel at

Reading stack traces from bug reports

Hello all!

Emmet Hikory has volunteered for running a session about how to read stack
traces (thanks Emmet!).

(quoting from wikipedia):
"A stack trace (also called stack backtrace or stack traceback) is a
report of
the active stack frames instantiated by the execution of a program. They
mostly used to aid debugging by showing where exactly an error occurs. The
few stack frames often indicate the origin of the bug."

So knowing them well means you will be able to triage a lot of more bug
and possibly fixing them. Also, since these reports are usually crashes
they are
very important, so don't doubt this is an incredible opportunity for
learning a
very important stuff.

It will be run this Saturday at 11:00 UTC on #ubuntu-classroom on
Freenode. So
if you are interested on it, just join us there! It will be a really
session and we will learn a very useful thing, with our master persia.

So don't forget to come, and also let your friends know about this, so
they can
join too!

See you there,

[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Jumpod
Plekhongthu/TH/Asia/Celestica] --
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu at
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: