version conflict in feisty universe libsdl-sound1.2

Rob van der Linde robvdl at paradise.net.nz
Thu Mar 15 22:29:35 GMT 2007

Hi all, I've been trying to install dosbox for some time in Feisty, but
it won't let me, I thought I might report this, in hope it may be fixed
before the final release. Here's the problem.

Try to install dosbox using synaptic, you get:

dosbox:
 Depends: libsdl-sound1.2 but it is not going to be installed

So I followed the problem to it's source, and tried to install just
libsdl-sound1.2, here's what I got:

libsdl-sound1.2:
 Depends: libdirectfb-0.9-24  but it is not installable

Now the only version of libdirectfb I can see in the repository is
libdirectfb-0.9-25 which is currently installed on my machine. There is
no libdirectfb-0.9-24, so I believe the libsdl-sound1.2 package needs
updating?