version conflict in feisty universe libsdl-sound1.2

Adrien Cunin adri2000 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 22:57:55 GMT 2007

Le vendredi 16 mars 2007 à 11:29 +1300, Rob van der Linde a écrit :
> Hi all, I've been trying to install dosbox for some time in Feisty, but
> it won't let me, I thought I might report this, in hope it may be fixed
> before the final release. Here's the problem.
>
> Try to install dosbox using synaptic, you get:
>
> dosbox:
>  Depends: libsdl-sound1.2 but it is not going to be installed
>
> So I followed the problem to it's source, and tried to install just
> libsdl-sound1.2, here's what I got:
>
> libsdl-sound1.2:
>  Depends: libdirectfb-0.9-24  but it is not installable
>
> Now the only version of libdirectfb I can see in the repository is
> libdirectfb-0.9-25 which is currently installed on my machine. There is
> no libdirectfb-0.9-24, so I believe the libsdl-sound1.2 package needs
> updating?

Hi,
Thanks for reporting the problem.
libsdl-sound1.2 needs to be rebuilt to update its dependencies. This
issue is reported as bug #92576 [0].
I've just uploaded that:

 libsdl-sound1.2 (1.0.1-12build1) feisty; urgency=low
 .
   * Rebuild for new libdirectfb (LP: #92576)

We are currently in beta freeze so it may take some time to reach the
archive.

[0] https://launchpad.net/bugs/92576

--
Adrien Cunin aka Adri2000