call for votes: KDE4 uploads to universe

George Farris farrisg at
Wed Mar 14 15:31:40 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-14-03 at 13:27 +0100, Soren Hansen wrote:
> Every time my editor opens a C++ file, a kitten dies, so I tend to steer
> clear of KDE stuff anyway, so it's not particularly demotivating for me,
> but I can understand if others feel otherwise.

Exactly.  Look people coming from and outsider point of view.  We are
starting to support Ubuntu for our customers, it's getting fairly
popular.  This was, I think, was one of the original goals, right!

Simply and bluntly put "It would be a frigging night mare trying to
support and explain to people KDE3 and KDE4-BROKEN/EXPERIMENTAL"  a tad
more conservativeness here will go a long way, unless of course you want
to be known as "Ubuntu that piece of crap".  Ubuntu doesn't put
GNOME-2.16 and 2.17 in at the same time or XFCE-stable and unstable and
please God I hope they never do.

1 month and the the new repository for 7.10 will open and they can go in
there, is that too much to ask.