ubuntu-dev and motu team cleanup

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Tue Feb 27 20:43:43 GMT 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 05:23:47PM -0300, Guilherme Salgado wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 05:49:50PM +0000, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> >
> > [Kiko, Salgado, we are talking about the case of ubuntu-dev which used
> > to have a lot of direct members but now will have just ubuntu-motu and
> > ubuntu-core-dev, and whether or not we should remove all the direct
> > members or just let them expire]
> >

> In this specific case the expiration warning (even if it does contain a note
> saying the person will still be an indirect member) will be useless (IMHO),
> since they won't do anything about the soon-to-expire membership, so I think
> it'd be better to remove the direct members rather then waiting for them to
> expire.

Yes, in this case (since the change is due to a restructuring of the teams),
I think we should deactivate the members rather than letting them expire.

I've confirmed that the memberships are equivalent, though I didn't check
all of the expiration dates.  Is it possible to do this check (and any
necessary corrections) programmatically before we deactivate anyone?

--
 - mdz