ubuntu-dev and motu team cleanup

Guilherme Salgado guilherme.salgado at canonical.com
Tue Feb 27 20:23:47 GMT 2007

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 05:49:50PM +0000, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:

> [Kiko, Salgado, we are talking about the case of ubuntu-dev which used
> to have a lot of direct members but now will have just ubuntu-motu and
> ubuntu-core-dev, and whether or not we should remove all the direct
> members or just let them expire]

In this specific case the expiration warning (even if it does contain a note
saying the person will still be an indirect member) will be useless (IMHO),
since they won't do anything about the soon-to-expire membership, so I think
it'd be better to remove the direct members rather then waiting for them to
expire.

If you prefer to let them expire, please let me know so that I can land a
workaround for https://launchpad.net/bugs/85409 which doesn't require a DB
patch. Otherwise I'd prefer to fix it properly (with a DB patch) and wait
until the drought finishes to land it.

> Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > I think we ought to do this proactively; it makes the team structure easier
> > to grasp and avoids confusion over when membership expires.
> >

> I was thinking to ask Salgado to change the expiration script to check
> if the expiring direct membership would actually remove you from the
> team, or if you would continue to participate in the team via other
> memberships. In which case we should add a paragraph to the expiration
> warning and notice saying:
>
> "You will, however, continue to be active in this team thanks to your
> memberships in foo, bar and baz which are themselves part of the xxx team."

It'd be nice to have this, I think. Just filed launchpad.net/bugs/88488 so
that I don't forget about it.

Cheers,

--
Guilherme Luis R. Salgado