ubuntu-dev and motu team cleanup

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 26 17:49:50 GMT 2007

[Kiko, Salgado, we are talking about the case of ubuntu-dev which used
to have a lot of direct members but now will have just ubuntu-motu and
ubuntu-core-dev, and whether or not we should remove all the direct
members or just let them expire]

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> I think we ought to do this proactively; it makes the team structure easier
> to grasp and avoids confusion over when membership expires.

I was thinking to ask Salgado to change the expiration script to check
if the expiring direct membership would actually remove you from the
team, or if you would continue to participate in the team via other
memberships. In which case we should add a paragraph to the expiration
warning and notice saying:

"You will, however, continue to be active in this team thanks to your
memberships in foo, bar and baz which are themselves part of the xxx team."

Mark