Contibuting to universe repository

Loïc Martin loic.martin3 at
Mon Sep 25 22:05:37 BST 2006

I've been playing a bit with the instructions to build debian packages at
and have managed to build updated debs of some programs actually in Dapper
(gnugo and armagetronad, I had errors when doing the same with qgo) using
sources from upstream.

I'd like to know what are the next steps to contibute packages to universe (
i.e. what further readings I need, except
). Also, are the instructions I've read outdated/conflicting with ?

I don't have access to the net often, so I haven't been able to attend irc
lessons. Is there a good explanation somewhere of the following steps to get
these packages reviewed for inclusion in Universe?