How Do I Package A PHP Script

Szilveszter Farkas szilveszter.farkas at
Mon Nov 13 19:47:19 GMT 2006

> What my question is, is how do I debianize Ampache so users can use apt to
> install ampache and all of it's dependent programs (apache, mysql,php).  You
> can use apt-get to install phpBB, which is php based just like ampache.

I suggest you to learn by example. Download the phpBB source package
using 'apt-get source phpbb', and have a look at it: how it installs
the various files (scripts and config files), and what dependencies it

Szilveszter / phanatic