Repackaging a Debian package for use with Breezy

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 04:28:57 GMT 2006

Hi Stefan,

On 2/20/06, Stefan Potyra <sistpoty at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Great... however there is not really time left even for dapper to bring new
> versions in, since we are already in UpstreamVersionFreeze. That means, that
> we need to ask for an exception for all newer upstream versions and of course
> need a good reason for it (like fixing bugs).

Thanks again for the guide.  I haven't wikified it yet, but I've been
referring to it repeatedly.  The next step, as I've just released
Pygmy 0.48, is to 'upgrade' the 0.47 package.  Again, I couldn't find
any docs that discussed that specifically.  Would I have to create the
package from scratch, as if it were a new one?

I'm also hoping to put in a request for a UVF exception.  I know it's
late, but 0.48 is just some pretty minor changes, code-wise.  Of
course, to do so I'd need the diff and diffstat, so thusly the package
creation becomes key. :)

Any help y'all could provide would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Andrew