Etherape not installable.

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Sun Jun 11 22:32:48 BST 2006

Hi Sivan,

Am Sonntag 11 Juni 2006 16:40 schrieb Sivan Greenberg:
> Hi List,
>
>   Trying to install etherape today on dapper, I got:

>   etherape: Depends: libpcap0.7 but it is not installable
> E: Broken packages
>

> It appears that we do not have libpcap0.7 anymore in th repos.

libpcap0.7 is there (source: libpcap).

> I would
> like to change it, which package is replacing this dependency if any? If
> not, we have to fix that. Etherape is very useful tool and I think many
> sysadmins might be surprised it's not installable.
>
> Any idea ?

I didn't have any problems installing etherape (i386). What arch are you
trying to install etherape on?
Also looking at libpcap's buildlogs [1], it was successfully built on all
arches, which leaves me a little bit clueless about your error.

Cheers,
	Stefan.

[1]: http://people.ubuntu.com/~lamont/buildLogs/libp/libpcap/0.7.2-7/