Etherape not installable.

Sivan Greenberg sivan at ubuntu.com
Sun Jun 11 15:40:58 BST 2006

Hi List,

  Trying to install etherape today on dapper, I got:

  etherape: Depends: libpcap0.7 but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

It appears that we do not have libpcap0.7 anymore in th repos. I would
like to change it, which package is replacing this dependency if any? If
not, we have to fix that. Etherape is very useful tool and I think many
sysadmins might be surprised it's not installable.

Any idea ?

P.S.: I've come to know that some more packages that I got used to have
in breezy are no longer installable in dapper, has there been one
transitions that we did not manage to finish it time for dapper?

Sivan