Handling of proposals for new packages

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 19 19:05:18 GMT 2006

Hello everybody,

Am Donnerstag, den 19.01.2006, 10:36 -0800 schrieb Matt Zimmerman:
> - With Launchpad teams, it would be possible for interested developers to be
>   notified of requests for new packages, to see if it's something they would
>   be interested in packaging.  Consider a "MOTU new packages" team or
>   similar.

I think this is a capital idea.

You know we all pondered the possibility to have an RT tracker or
support requests for this, but as some might have noticed: the Mergers
Team did an excellent job on coordinating over Launchpad.

We can even have discussion on those "bug reports", collaborate on them
and link to the REVU entry.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel