Packaging of new upstream versions in Ubuntu

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Wed Jan 18 17:53:39 GMT 2006

Hi Lucas,

please check which repository this is in.

Main packages are handled a bit differently.
All main developers can and have to package actual and more stable software in
a shorter ammount of time. They can't wait for Debian most of the time.
But, please think, that most main devs are Debian Developers or Package
Maintainers.

If you have a look, most of the kde packages are not following the debian
uploads. Many of the gnome packages are not following the debian schedules.
But after reaching the ubuntu archives, all those changes are magically going
back to debian :)

And gparted has always had 0ubuntuX :)

If the debian maintainer has problems with it, please send him to
changelogs.ubuntu.com and to ubuntu-devel.

Regards,

\sh