Main inclusion of scim-tables (was Re: UVF exceptions for Universe - batch 4)

Ming Hua minghua-list at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 23 05:40:13 GMT 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 09:23:21AM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 08:29:45AM +0100, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> > would you please consider the following Upstream Version Freeze
> > exceptions discussed by the MOTUs:

[...]
> >       * scim-tables (0.5.5 -> 0.5.6): improved cjk input
> >         (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.motu/275)
>
> Is scim-tables scheduled for promotion to main with other scim components?

As this has gone unanswered for one week, and the scim-tables UVF
exception is requested by me, even though all I can say is "I don't
know", I figure I'd better say it aloud. :-)

I was approached by HOU "freeflying" Zhengpeng (cc:ed him) early in the
dapper development period about the main inclusion of SCIM related
packages.  I was not very interested and told him so, and I was busy
working on getting various SCIM related package into shape at that time.

Then at the end of January we had a talk again about this.  I told him
that due to the reluctance of upstream for supporting old releases and
the long lifetime of dapper, I am not really confident to ask SCIM
package for main inclusion at this stage (I am not familar with the
codebase myself, therefore security fixes, if any, is going to be a
problem).  But he was very eager to get them into main for CJK support,
so I decided to be impartial on this and told him to go ahead, but just
don't expect my help.

I am therefore not involved in the main inclusion processes of these
SCIM packages, and haven't been contacted about this issue since that
talk (altough I read around and know a little about the progress).

Ming
2006.02.22