UVF exception request for rake 0.6.2-2 -> 0.7.0-1

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Wed Feb 22 17:16:33 GMT 2006

On 22/02/06 at 18:04 +0100, Stefan Potyra wrote:
> > Rake is make for ruby. Many Ruby developers use it, but only one package
> > (rails) depends on it. The package comes with a test suite. All tests pass.
>
> I'm a little bit undecided about it, as I don't see that (important) bugs are
> fixed or must-have features are added. OTOH having a testsuite during build
> (did understand that right?) is always a good thing, and all other changes
> look pretty small.

The test suite was already there in 0.6.2. But it shows that the package
doesn't break.

> Generally my feeling is more towards a sync than to deny it, but I'd rather
> hear other opinions first.

It is the kind of package that makes developers' life hell if their
package's version is lagging behind. E.g: Developer A writes a Rakefile
which works with v. 0.7.0, but doesn't with v. 0.6.2. Developers B
(dapper user) only has v. 0.6.2.
--
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas at nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |