About fakesyncs

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre mathieu.tl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 16:09:12 BST 2009

Dmitrijs,

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Dmitrijs
Ledkovs<dmitrij.ledkov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Can someone please add a section about fakesyncs here:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SyncRequestProcess
>
> So that me and other beginners have at least some idea on what it is.

I found this short response from Daniel Holbach from a while ago,
about a similar question, on this mailing list's archives:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu-mentors/2007-June/000024.html

That said, I'm not going to create a wiki entry just yet... As I'm
more of a (usually) silent mentee reading the stuff here :)

Is this information still pretty much correct, and if so, what is
there to add? I didn't know what a fakesync was until today :)

/ Matt