Request mentoring for MOTU process

Cesare Tirabassi norsetto at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 15 20:10:45 BST 2008

On Tuesday 15 July 2008 20:33:55 michael mcleod wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started a long time ago with Slackware and Red Hat and have done some
> coding along the way. But I am new to Ubuntu and like the philosohy and
> am happy to start at the begining.
>
> I have a number of years programming in: Python, Perl, C++ and Java, in
> that order of preference, but have not coded for about 5 years.
>
> MikeMc

Hello Mike,

there are many ways people can contribute to Ubuntu:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ContributeToUbuntu

If you are interested in development, a very good starting point is this link:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment

If you want to start right in with MOTUs, here is the right link to follow:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Contributing

and how to get started:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/GettingStarted

Many community members are available to help newcomers  on #ubuntu-motu on
irc.freenode.net.
Feel also free to post any question you have on this m.l.

HTH,

Cesare