[UCLP] Action item: Team Structure

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 01:07:35 BST 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 18:26 -0400, Elizabeth Krumbach wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> First off, our next meeting is scheduled for Monday the 27th at 22:00 UTC.

Can we have a confirmation of everyone who can make it? Make sure we
have the required people to discuss and digest the issues? The last
meeting fell through because everybody became busy.

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Learning/Structure

Looks like we just need to decide upon the further structure of using
groups vs participatory groups vs the governing group. Once we have a
clear policy for each, then it's a matter of deciding what structures
are best for which groups.

For instance, I'd be prepared to put teachers and students both under
the users policy with artists, course writers, drafters and so on all
under participatory structures (which I would fashion along programming
lines because I know they work).

The governing council has pretty much a set structure already decided
upon and the rules come from else where. A matter of continuing that
course I think.

I'll be brining this up at the meeting of course, just a heads up of my
thoughts.

> I envision us doing discussion to refine it at this meeting, and
> handing it off to the board for a vote at our meeting the following
> Monday.

Sounds good, thanks for the notification Elizabeth

Best Regards, Martin Owens