[Ubuntu Leadership] [IDEA]Guides for Leaders

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 19 00:48:35 UTC 2014

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM, Ian Weisser <ian at korinthianviolins.com> wrote:
>> I was thinking about some of us writting guides on vaiours topics
>> that leaders/mangers face.
>
> Generic guides about leading nonprofit/volunteer projects are already on
> the interwebs. I don't see much need to re-invent that wheel.
> Are we perhaps talking about Ubuntu-community specific?
> Or technical-specific?

This is my initial reaction too, plus we have a lot of ignored wiki
pages around for Community and LoCos.

I think a good first step would be coming up with a list of topics we
want to be written about, and then exploring to see if:

1) They've been written more generally, and what their value is to
Ubuntu (do we need more Ubuntu-specific info written?)
2) They've already been written targeting Ubuntu (I know a fair amount
exists, just a matter of making it easy to find for people who want
it)

If so - great! We already have the resource! If not, we can focus on
those things to write about.

http://www.princessleia.com