[Ubuntu Urdu] [LinuxPakistan] Source Code Urdu Word Bank

Muhmmad Shakir muhammadshakir2002 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 09:35:06 BST 2006

nouman tm is right. many enhancments are needed in urdu word bank if we have to make some starndard.

Tee Emm <tm at super.net.pk> wrote: It would be nice if we can have a web-interface for the same. I would bet that collective/social inputs of all the urdu/linux/oss/linux enthusiasts who could add/contribute to the master list of words/translation would be of immense help/value. Of course, such an arrangement calls for a proper eco system where we have volunteer moderators and a democratic system where questionable or non-unanimously agreed translations could be voted upon. Sort of an urdu-english-techno-dictionary-pidia.

-T

On 9/13/06, Noumaan Yaqoob <y.noumaan at gmail.com> wrote: Friends,

The source code for Urdu Word Bank is available for download from this
location:
http://ubuntu.sabza.org/WbSource.zip

Urdu word bank is a project to assist Urdu Software Translators to easily
find translations for technical and non technical terms. We are currently
using it for the translation of Ubuntu and Gnome packages. You are all
invited to work on it and improve it, use it else where or contribute your
code to Urdu Web's Urdu Word Bank project.

It contains a Read me file which describes the list of features we would
like to see in action on our project. You can see the current version in
action at:

 http://l10n.urduweb.org/dictionary/

We have plans to use some better project management system but till then you
can send your contributions directly to me and I would make sure that your
contributions get quickly evaluated, tested and implemented.

Noumaan

Hosting Provided by Inspedium < http://www.inspedium.com/>

Tariq Mustafa +92(0)321-255-3438 MSN: tm at hotmail.com
Telecomm & Pakistan Blog:  http://pkblogs.com/pakistan --