[உபுண்டு_தமிழ்]Improving this mail-list: Users post & discuss problems/bugs, solutions and suggestions

ம.ராமதாஸ் shriramadhas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 02:54:58 GMT 2006

To add few more on the purpose of thi mailing list, it's primary objective
is to discuss translation related issues.

And usuage of Tamil in Ubuntu is secondary objective.

Third question comes where will normal user, who neither is interested in
Transaltion nor in Technical details but just a user of Ubuntu fits in?

Now we are awaiting feed back for a forum, on accomplishment of which we can
for sure, retain this for Transaltion and all other discussions can be
threaded in forum...

Also I have been inviting members to come to IRC at fixed time...
#ubuntu-tam is our channel.

To suggest a time, Will Sunday 2.00 PM be appropriate for each one of us?
Kindly give your feedback...

--
அன்புடன்,
ம. ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ்.

Stepwise instructions - to view Unicode Tamil text

1. You need to have Unicode Tamil fonts installed on your computer and the
Operating System capable of rendering Tamil Scripts. Windows XP comes with a
Unicode Tamil Font (Latha) and you need not download/install a unicode font.
2. In the Control Panel, in Regional/Languages Options you will need to
ensure that Indic/Asian Language option is checked.
3. Use a browser that is capable of handling UTF-8 based pages (Netscape 6,
Internet Explorer 5) with the Unicode Tamil font chosen as the default font
for the UTF-8 char-set/encoding view. Unicode Tamil Fonts may be downloaded
from http://www.tamilnation.org/fonts/latha.ttf