[Ubuntu-l10n-ptbr] Fwd: Announcing the Ubuntu.com Website Localization Project

Laudeci Oliveira laudeci em ubuntu.com
Quarta Março 17 21:32:58 GMT 2010

docteam e tradures, deem uma olhada.
Laudeci Oliveira
Official Ubuntu Member
Red Hat Certified Technician
Tecnólogo em Sistema de Informação

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Johnston <chrisjohnston em ubuntu.com>
Date: 2010/3/17
Subject: Announcing the Ubuntu.com Website Localization Project
To: ubuntu-translators em lists.ubuntu.com, loco-contacts em lists.ubuntu.com

Good Day;

It is my pleasure to announce a new project to better the Ubuntu.com website
experience, specifically for users who prefer a language other than English.
The new project, called Website Localization [1] will put a short (4-5 word)
message on any www.Ubuntu.com <http://www.ubuntu.com/> web page directing
users to more resources in their preferred language.

This project has two main parts to it. The first part of the Website
Localization project is the technical aspect of the project. It is the goal
of the project to create a script that will pull out of a users web browser
their preferred language. After obtaining this information, the script will
cross reference this language against a list of languages that have approved
resources offered, and then display a short link to their languages landing
page.

The second part of this project is creating landing pages for as many
resources as possible. This part of the project will be done by LoCos and
the i18n team. The landing pages will be on the wiki, and will be ever
changing to direct users to the best information that we can give them.

Currently, the goal is to have the project completed and implemented by the
end of May. I would also like to have a working demo of the project by April
19th so that we have plenty of time to fix any problems that arise prior to
the final implementation of this project.

I can't do all of this myself, so I am going to need help from the Ubuntu
community. At this point, I need some assistance with the technical side of
the project. I need a few people to create the script that will detect the
users preferred language, and then show them a link to the landing page in
their language. If you have the skills needed to help out with this Website
Localization project, please send me an email with your name, launchpad
account, a little bit of information about the experience you have and your
general ability (time zone, and anything else that may help me out). My goal
is to get a group of a few people to work on the technical aspect of this
project and have a meeting in the next few weeks to discuss the project in a
little more detail, and determine the best way to make this happen.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Website/WebsiteLocalization

Respectfully,

Chris Johnston - cjohnston
Ubuntu Member