[Gruppo traduzione] Fwd: [Launchpad-translators] Avaneya: Viking Lander Remastered, call for translators

Milo Casagrande milo a ubuntu.com
Lun 27 Maggio 2013 09:02:43 UTC

Qualcuno interessato?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kip Warner <kip a thevertigo.com>
Date: Mon, May 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Subject: [Launchpad-translators] Avaneya: Viking Lander Remastered,
call for translators
To: launchpad-translators a lists.launchpad.net

Hey list,

We are preparing our first public release of our 'Avaneya: Viking
Lander Remastered' software (VLR). This application is designed to
recover previously inaccessible NASA photographic mission data taken
during the first successful mission to the surface of Mars in the
mid-1970s - the Viking mission. This data became inaccessible for most
due to technical issues in its archival (e.g. rotting magnetic tapes,
archaic hardware, proprietary software, etc.).

The application's parent project, Avaneya, is a cerebral science
fiction game for GNU still in its infancy. We authored the VLR software
to address our artists' need for photographic reference material within
the region of Mars our game takes place in. We rely on this data to
replicate the environmental conditions as best we can, and users tend
to appreciate this.

If you'd like to translate the VLR software into your native language,
we welcome your contribution. You will be listed in the credits. You
can get started here and do not need any special software other than
your browser:

  <https://translations.launchpad.net/avaneya>

If you'd like to be kept up to date on major project milestones, we
have a low volume announcement mailing list here:

We will be releasing already completed concept art, as well as a
comprehensive project bible on Avaneya soon. The latter is over 300
pages long, richly detailed, and aims to answer most peoples' questions
about the Avaneya project, given that we have a fairly large fan base
with many questions.

Respectfully,

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer