[Ubuntu-l10n-eng] Correcting spelling/grammatical mistakes

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Sun Aug 27 04:02:42 BST 2006

On Sunday 27 August 2006 08:03, Scott Berry <ocramc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was going to ask this on the mailing list, but I figured it's
> probably off topic.
>
> There have been a few instances when I have come across text to be
> translated which contains spelling mistakes, and I was just wondering
> if there was somewhere I could change/report this, by filing a bug
> report or something similar?

This question is definitely on-topic, and it was raised on the list a few days
ago. I am CCing this message to the list for everyone's benefit.

When you see spelling/grammatical mistakes in the original text:

1. report it as a bug to the project concerned, though the Launchpad bug
tracker (Malone)

2. correct the error in your en_GB translation

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan
  {GnuPG/OpenPGP: http://www.dhanapalan.com/yama.asc

"I react pragmatically. Where the market works, I'm for that. Where the
government is necessary, I'm for that. I'm deeply suspicious of somebody who
says, 'I'm in favour of privatisation,' or, 'I'm deeply in favour of public
ownership.' I'm in favour of whatever works in the particular case."
	- John Kenneth Galbraith