Fwd: Karmic UNR packages now open for translation

Nizar Kerkeni nizar.kerkeni at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 11:24:30 BST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Planella <david.planella at ubuntu.com>
Date: 2009/8/19
Subject: Karmic UNR packages now open for translation
To: ubuntu-news-team at lists.ubuntu.com

Hi translators,

I'm pleased to announce that the Karmic Ubuntu Netbook Remix (UNR)
packages are now open for translation.

You can start translating them straight away from here:

 https://translations.launchpad.net/unr

Please note that we encourage to translate them in that upstream
location before translations flow to Ubuntu.

Notes:

* Deadline: the deadline for translations in the upstream project is the
10th of September, which coincides with the UserInterfaceFreeze
milestone [1]
* Ubuntu translations: after that date, translations will be imported to
Ubuntu at https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic and
translators will still be able to modify them or do the last fixes
before the LanguagePackDeadline [1]. The translations will then be
included in language packs.
* Webfav: we are still working on getting webfav translatable through
Launchpad. If it is not possible to do this before the translation
deadline, and considering that the package has only got one translatable
string, we might consider a workaround to allow new translations of this
string.

For more information, see [2] and [3].

Happy translating!

Regards,