[ubuntu-ko] Default fonts for Korean

Keechang Kim keechang.kim at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 12:17:37 UTC 2017

Dear Gunnar,

I am currently having a bit of difficulty logging in to launchpad. So I am
replying to your email.

I have tested Noto Sans CJK just a little bit since receiving your email.
Compared to Nanum (which renders Korean glyphs quite satisfactorily without
autohinting), Noto Sans CJK Korean glyphs show up on my screen in a
somewhat blurry manner. Chromium also seems to have some issues with Noto
Sans KR.

I believe that the decision to switch to Noto Sans CJK for Korean
environment would require a more extensive testing and more substantial
user feedback. I would recommend postponing the decision to a future
release rather than the next release.

Kind regards,

Keechang Kim