E-Learning

Isaac Witmer isaaclw at gmail.com
Sun May 22 20:45:05 UTC 2011

Well, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what E-Learning is.
At the school in question, they presented me some Microsoft Encarta
software, software that required (for some reason) Microsoft office to
be installed, and they claimed that *this* was E-Learning.
In the community I've been in, E-Learning has been tossed around a lot
as a magic word, relating to the government and computers in the
educational system.

I tried installing this software in Wine, and not surprisingly failed.

Looking at the e-learning website (I guess it's their website?):
http://www.elearning-africa.com/ you can see that Microsoft is one of
the "Silver Sponsors."

I'll probably have to do more research to find out what exactly
E-Learning is, but I guess I was wondering if any other Ubuntu users
have heard of, or understood E-Learning... especially in the context
of Ubuntu.

Thanks
-Isaac Witmer