MySQL Trouble need help

Andrew Mathenge mathenge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 16:58:54 GMT 2008

Your client is looking for the MySQL socket in /var/run/mysqld

Check your my.cnf. In my installation, this file is in /etc/mysql

Inside this file is a line that reads:

socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

Based on your installation this line may say something else.

Something else you can do is search for the file my.cnf. You can
use the following command to search for the file:

find / -name "my.cnf" -print

Let me know how many files are actually found. Depending (again)
on your installation, your MySQL may be using a different my.cnf
which is using a mysqld.sock that's in a different location.

Hope that this makes sense.

Andrew.