A problem in accessing some sites using UBUNTU

Loai Farajallah loai.farajallah at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 09:31:53 GMT 2010

Salam,
I have a terrible problem with my ubuntu 9.04 that not allowing me to access
certain websites like www.ixwebhosting.com and others.
I am connecting to the internet using Umniah UMAX, I tried to solve this
problem by several restarts for the connection, the modem and even the
machine but in vain!

Then *suddenly* these sites become accessible, but next day the problem is
there again.
I am sure there is no problem in the websites since I can access them using
google translate when they are not available to me directly.

I have known that many ubuntu users faced the problem and I tried to follow
their advices to solve it, I even reinstalled ubuntu again!

http://dbaspot.com/forums/unix-os-discussions/156427-re-only-some-websites-will-open-ubuntu.html
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1B6_____enJO348JO348&q=ubuntu+can+not+open+certain+sites&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

This problem is still there, any clue about the solution?