faisal.dajani at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 13:20:47 GMT 2008
I just returned from a visit to PSUT, and the results are rather mixed.
1) I gave the GSoC lecture, and a very brief introduction into OSS, facing
what I would rather call "mild indifference". Only two people wrote down the
URL for the program.
2) I sat with the dean, and he was extremely enthusiastic about hosting an
3) PSUT has IT students only, so they don't want the ubuntu course that we
are giving. However, they are interested in giving LPI material. The student
that I mentioned earlier, Samer Fanik, is giving linux courses and said he
is willing to cover the LPI course. Maybe we need to coordinate with him?
4) The dean requested lectures about any and all things open source. I
volunteered to give a PHP course, and I'll start building the syllabus now.
If anybody has any suggestions for courses, please share. Apache, MySQL,
Python are all viable topics. We need topics and speakers.
5) We also can give a "What is open source" lecture. Something along the
lines of the lecture Khamis is giving before the course in JU.
That's about it.
P.O Box: 140056
11814 Amman, Jordan
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ubuntu-jo