University students repository

Jad madi jad at syntux.net
Sat Apr 5 08:53:21 BST 2008

Salam,
### WE ARE AT TESTING PHASE YOU DON'T NEED TO TRY THIS OUT UNLESS YOU
REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE CRASHING ###

During the Ubuntu Desktop Course some students asked for many
applications that either have a Linux version and/or an alternative to
it.

Ubuntu Jordan LoCo will try to maintain packages that university
students relays on but first we need to have a list of these
applications
so please IF YOU WANT TO HELP US reply with your favorite application
name and its functionality so we can look for alternative if the
vendor didn't release a Linux based version

another thing, I'm testing the repos so if you would like to help me
here do the following

1-) Add this line to your /etc/hosts

208.97.163.97 archive.nashmi.org

COMMENT all of your repos at /etc/apt/sources.list
and ADD

deb http://archive.nashmi.org/packages gutsy/
deb-src http://archive.nashmi.org/packages gutsy/

now do

 sudo aptitude update >> nashmi.txt && sudo aptitude search dictconv
>> nashmi.txt && sudo aptitude show dictconv >> nashmi.txt

Now you should have a text file called nashmi.txt please do COPY and
PASTE it to me

Thank you in advance

na3malo men ajlikom wa na2safo le ez3ajikom

--
Jad/Hakam Madi

1024D/1BC049D2

http://Syntux.net/

Your freedom is worth more than you think. Take advantage of it while you can.