RFC: #ubuntu op misuse or not?

Matthew Lye matthew.lye at ubuntu.com
Sat May 17 02:19:17 UTC 2014

As an impartial observer (not in OPs) I get the feeling that at this stage
this conversation should be over now:

 Rohan has evidently given some thought to how he should approach the
situation given another incident, and the result should be a better one or
avoided completely.
There has been some valuable discussion on how OPs should approach bans and
try to de-escalate situations.
Just like the referee in a game, the decision should not be argued with the
person involved and any further discussion should be moved and should not
involve Rohan (sorry man, its the way it has to be but thanks for bringing
that up).

Thanks for trying to discuss the issue civilly and thanks to CP for some
good advice.

-Matthew Lye

 Leadership is responsibility, not privilege, Action, not position,
Guidance, not knowledge, and outcome, not disposition.

"Speech is conveniently located midway between thought and action, where it
often substitutes for both." - John Andrew Holmes