installation

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 3 17:26:06 UTC 2013

Hi,
this isn't really a support mailing list, you might find some better
answers to your query using our IRC channels, or perhaps the
http://askubuntu.com site. That said, for installing software on Ubuntu
the best way is not to download things from random places on the
internet but to use the built in software centre which has thousands of
applications ready and packaged for your system. It is more like a phone
app store than the old way of getting software by downloading unpackaged
software, I think Windows is trying to get an app store or something as
well but I don't know much about that. As you don't say what software it
is you are trying to work on I can't provide any better assistance than
that.

Alan.

--
I work at http://libertus.co.uk