Channel Learnings of Freenode for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Ubuntu

Terence Simpson tsimpson at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 7 00:38:52 UTC 2012

On 6 June 2012 22:11, Alan Bell <alanbell at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> The Freenode staff cloak will have op access to all our channels

While you're at it, you may want to make sure that the access entries
for Ubuntu Members are correct as freenode are enforcing their
cloaking policy more rigidly now.
For channels that have Ubuntu Members on their access lists, the flags
should be set on:
 *!*@ubuntu/member/*
 *!*@*/ubuntu.*
(as opposed to the previous "*!*@*/ubuntu.member.*")

There should probably also be some effort to ensure consistency by
making sure all our dual-cloaked members have correctly formatted
cloaks.

--
Terence Simpson (tsimpson)