Fwd: IRC bot integration with Ask Ubuntu

Elián Hanisch lambdae2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 21:49:15 UTC 2012

On Viernes 17 febrero 2012 14:56:04 Miia Ranta escribió:
> Perhaps the better channel to forward the messages to would be
> #ubuntu-meta, which has been for a long time the channel where the
> bots pipe messages that have been left unanswered in #ubuntu. This
> channel has been a long-forgotten semi-forgotten channel that might be
> the best venue for the bot instead of adding up to the noise we
> already have in #ubuntu.

If #ubuntu can't cope with its own questions then I don't think it will be any
good get even more from askubuntu, neither is very encouraging to pipe them to
a forgotten channel.

Maybe try the other way around? some way for find answered questions in
askubuntu that would help in #ubuntu, as an aid for the people giving support.
But I don't know how to actually implement it, or if it would be useful, since
you can probably do it anyway with google.

--
~ m4v
https://launchpad.net/~m4v