Shell policy approved

Lorenzo J. Lucchini ljlbox at tiscali.it
Tue Jan 25 12:00:05 UTC 2011

On Sunday 23 January 2011 19:50:02 Juha Siltala wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The IRCC met quickly today to approve the shell policy draft. Thanks
> to all who helped with their input in drafting the document!
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/ShellPolicy .
>
> Thanks to all who helped with their input in drafting the document!
>
> Juha Siltala
> IRC Council

I don't understand why there doesn't seem to be any reference to IdentD. I
know that it's considered by many the most useless service ever; however,
given a measure of trust for the given shell host (which can without a doubt
be ascertained with the help of the shell policy), Ident guarantees that a
given user is that user, and can be banned individually - and that, I
believe, is the primary goal with multi-user hosts, just like web host
(Freenode's webchat) for instance.

by LjL
ljl at ubuntu.com