Loco Bot logging localisation

Elián Hanisch lambdae2 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 00:06:28 UTC 2011

On Viernes 04 Febrero 2011 19:27:38 Alan Pope escribió:
> Hi,
>
> After a related conversation in #ubuntu-irc about channel logging, I
> joined a bunch of LoCo channels to see if I was told that the channel
> was logged. The good news is that they all told me that the channel
> was logged. The bad news is that most told me in English, in non-En
> channels.
>
> 22:15:55 [freenode] -locobot_2(~UbuntuLoc at xvm-188-65.ghst.net)-
> #ubuntu-de: Dieser Kanal wird protokolliert (auf
> http://logs.ubuntu-eu.org/freenode). Bitte beachtet den Ubuntu Code of
> Conduct. Danke!
> 22:15:58 [freenode] -locobot_1(~UbuntuLoc at xvm-188-65.ghst.net)-
> #Ubuntu-es: The channel is logged (at
> http://logs.ubuntu-eu.org/freenode). Please observe the Ubuntu Code of
> Conduct. Thank you!
> 22:16:05 [freenode] -locobot_1(~UbuntuLoc at xvm-188-65.ghst.net)-
> #ubuntu-it: The channel is logged (at
> http://logs.ubuntu-eu.org/freenode). Please observe the Ubuntu Code of
> Conduct. Thank you!
> 22:16:15 [freenode] -locobot_1(~UbuntuLoc at xvm-188-65.ghst.net)-
> #ubuntu-ru: The channel is logged (at
> http://logs.ubuntu-eu.org/freenode). Please observe the Ubuntu Code of
> Conduct. Thank you!
> 22:16:28 [freenode] -locobot_1(~UbuntuLoc at xvm-188-65.ghst.net)-
> #ubuntu-pt: The channel is logged (at
> http://logs.ubuntu-eu.org/freenode). Please observe the Ubuntu Code of
> Conduct. Thank you!
> 22:16:33 [freenode] -locobot_4(~UbuntuLoc at ubuntu/bot/locobot)-
> #ubuntu-ar: The channel is logged (at
> http:/logs.ubuntu-eu.org/freenode). Please observe the Ubuntu Code of
> Conduct. Thank you!
>
> Given our responsibility to inform people joining IRC channels in our
> namespace about logging, it seems sensible to me that we should at
> least tell people in their own language. How can we ensure loco bots
> are announcing notices like this in the 'right' language?
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

That's only locobot's msg, #ubuntu-es does indicate that the channel is logged
in spanish with chanserv's entrymsg. There's still the issue of not having the
ToS translated though.

about the locobots, they shouldn't have been deactivated some time ago? should
be kick them or something?

--
~ m4v
https://launchpad.net/~symphony