#ubuntu-offtopic channel topic

Anthony Hook anthony.hook3 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 20:23:17 UTC 2010

I agree completely with topyli on this matter, and the atmosphere that has
developed with #ubuntu-offtopic.

Sure, the conversions aren't entirely related to Ubuntu 100% of the time,
but when they are, it is a good mix of developers, users, and people
learning things from all walks of the Ubuntu ecosystem or talking about
their favorite irc client.

I find the channel a comfortable place where you don't have to be there for
a purpose, (helping in #ubuntu*, for example), other than socialize in the
spirit of Ubuntu, not always on the topic of Ubuntu.

I would be quite disappointed to have an #ubuntu-offtopic-offtopic for
this.  I am not sure if I have relayed anything new to this discussion, but
those are my thoughts on the matter.

Disclaimer: sent from my mobile

-h00k