Definition of a "core op"

Guntbert Reiter guntbert at gmx.at
Sun Oct 10 11:03:13 UTC 2010

Tony wrote:

> "Backup operators" seems more appropriate from your description -
> they're a fallback, not a higher rank.
>

> I'd tend to agree with popey here.  If anything, perhaps have a "have
> been an op in a core channel satisfactorily for $TIME_PERIOD" to
> address your experience concern.

I agree with Tony here. Two points for backing this:

1) we are talking about "emergency situations", where the ability to tune in might not be as
important as the ability to *do* something

2) as with all democratic structures it sometimes becomes tedious to find decisions and I would
advocate a very straight course for appointing core ops

Guntbert