Definition of a "core op"

Jussi Kekkonen tmt at ubuntu.com
Sat Oct 9 20:53:04 UTC 2010

On 9 October 2010 23:47, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:
> On 9 October 2010 20:18, Terence Simpson <tsimpson at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Currently all we have is the requirement: "Must already be an
>> operator in a core channel", but we need some other requirements.
>>

> Why do you need some other requirement?
>
> You trust a person not to run amok in core channel, why should they
> not be trusted to act the same in any other core channel? Surely
> "being a core op" means you've clearly passed some level of expertise
> and skill. What possible additional requirements could there be?
>
> I'm genuinely interested to know.
>
> Al.

Well, typically core channel op knows how to deal with that specific
channel. But, as most of us have noticed, every channel has its own
atmosphere and a bit of culture too. what I would like to see from
every "core op" is to be able to tune in to this and have reasonable
experience with our policies and general way of doing things.

--
Jussi Kekkonen, Tm_T
  Ubuntu/KDE developer  tmt at ubuntu.com