Core ops meeting

Matt Darcy ubuntu.lists at projecthugo.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 13:44:30 UTC 2010

On 03/11/10 13:34, Jussi Schultink wrote:
> Hi Chris,

>> On Wed, November 3, 2010 10:43, Jussi Schultink wrote:
>>> Hi All,

>>> Yes, as I mentioned to chris in -ops yesterday, I'm waiting on a piece
>>> of information critical to the discussion, so I will reply as soon as
>>> I have that with a suggested time and date.
>>>
>>> Jussi
>>
>> While I really would prefer to get confirmation that you are able to come
>> to the meeting on Sunday, could you at least let us know what this piece
>> of critical information you are waiting on is while we are waiting?
>>
> Sorry about the silence - Ive been incredibly busy with work and
> studying the back of my eyelids. :) (catching up on lost travel
> sleep). After a few discussions with different people at UDS, I want
> to propose and discuss a new structure for the way Ubuntu namespace
> ops channels are structured, which in turn affects the structure and
> workings of "core ops". I'm currently waiting for a comments from
> someone I have a lot of respect for and until that comes I don't want
> to have the meeting - I want to give a good proposal that can be the
> base for talking about, not have something which hasn't been thought
> through properly.
>
> The second piece of information I'm waiting on is more critical to the
> meeting time - its my wifes work schedule for this weekend. I should
> know that tonight, so I will get back to you as soon as I have these
> things.
>
> Hope this helps explain :)
>
> Jussi

Jussi,

this "core ops" and "core channels" business has been going on for over
6 months, I think we as operators and community members need to hear the
proposal now, before any more work is done on it.

Input from respected members is very important, I have no doubt, but
this core ops disucssion has gone on for too long with little
information fed back to the operators it effects.

I would like to see the current plan now and feedback on it.

Matt.