general attitude for -ops, how we are expected to behave

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Mon Feb 15 04:43:58 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-02-14 at 17:05 +0000, Joseph Price wrote:
> On 14 February 2010 10:56, Terence Simpson <tsimpson at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > I know we are all human and we do make mistakes
> > or have bad days.
>
> Indeed, we are all human. Just like all the other users.... yes we're users too!
>
> Assume the best.
>

> > I'm not proposing that we are forced to be cheery all
> > the time, and are fired out of a cannon when we fail. But we should all
> > make an effort to be considerate and lead by example.
>
> If you don't want to spend the time dealing with situations, trying to
> keep everyone happy, then don't. Let someone else do it.
>
> "Oh I don't have enough time" is no excuse to just banforward someone
> before signing off. If you don't have the time to talk with someone,
> leave it alone.

I beg to differ.

I really don't believe that an abusive individual should be permitted to
make #ubuntu hell for others simply because the only person visibly
available at the time doesn't have several hours spare to undertake what
is these days an inevitable multi-hour duel.

I really do distress when considering the consequences of this attitude.

--
Melissa Draper

w: http://meldraweb.com & http://geekosophical.net
p: +61 4 0472 2736