Stepping down from the IRC team

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Fri Sep 11 05:16:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 21:46 -0400, Benjamin Rubin wrote:

>         nhandler had come to #ubuntu-ops requesting that a ban be
>         removed from a
>         channel.  Him being the person that had placed the ban, I said
>         that he should
>         feel free to remove it.
>
>         In my opinion, any person that places a ban in a channel,
>         should have the right
>         to remove it.  Is that wrong?  I don't think so.
>
> While nhandler is an Ubuntu member, he is not part of the IRC Team.
> The only thing that granted him access in #kubuntu-devel was that he
> is a freenode staff member.  From what I can see, he was performing
> the handoff to our ops team so that we could deal with it.  I'm at a
> loss here as to why this was such a big issue to you.  All I see is
> you answering a question and being corrected.

Not only that, but it is not even our rule. It is Freenode's rule.

We cannot change it.

Rebelling against the Ubuntu IRC Team or Ubuntu IRCC for a rule that
Freenode has set for their staff is not going to achieve anything.

--
Melissa Draper

w: http://meldraweb.com & http://geekosophical.net
p: +61 4 0472 2736