Stepping down from the IRC team

Christopher Swift christopher.swift at linux.com
Sat Sep 5 19:20:54 UTC 2009

> Martin Meredith wrote:
>
>> But surely, more than one op retiring for the same or similar reasons is a good
>> enough reason for concern?
>>

>> Seveas
>>

> I thought Seveas left because he decided to ban a user forever and said
> that he would leave if the user was ever allowed back in to the channel.
> The ban wasn't as all-encompassing as he would have liked, and the user
> managed to skirt round it somehow. Seveas then assumed that he was
> unbanned by someone, and left.
>
> That was my understanding of the situation anyway.
> Chris (Seeker`)

Regardless on whether or not this one operator, Seveas decided to step
down for similar reasons or not, surely if 2 or more, in this case
possibly 6, doesn't that really set off alarm bells in your head? So
lets not nit-pick that one of the six retired for another reason or
not if you know that several have already for a similar reason so
work on a way to resolve such instances.

Chris.