Call for comments on IRCC nominees

Nathan Handler nhandler at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 18 03:21:06 UTC 2009

I have gone ahead and made a few more changes to the IrcCouncil wiki
page. While doing so, I noticed this line "The Council will have a
chairman with a casting vote, appointed by the Community Council".
After asking around, I was told that this chairman is a member of the
IRC Council who is chosen by the Community Council. In the case of a
tie during a vote, this chairman is able to break the tie and make a
decision. However, if we require a majority of the IRC Council to be
in agreement for a decision which requires a vote to be made, we will
need >= 3 +1's or >= 3 -1's. This makes it impossible for their to be
a tie. Therefore, is there really a need for such a chairman?

Nathan