IrcCouncilChanges: Decision making & coverage.

Joseph Price pricechild at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 14:36:24 UTC 2009

I'm no expert wordsmith...

"Decisions by vote in the IRC Council require at least half of the
total members to be in agreement to carry a motion."

(I say 'decisions by vote' & not  'decisions'  as lots of decisions
the irc council makes, such as deciding to request a cloak for a user
really don't need a vote)

2009/12/8 Tony Yarusso <tonyyarusso at gmail.com>:
> the IRCC would be the central point of contact for
> subprojects.  However, that doesn't prevent it from *delegating*
> general responsibility back to the subproject maintainers, so we don't
> need to be actively "monitoring" all of the channels or whatever, but
> it still makes sense to have the IRCC in the "escalation path" for
> issues in those communities relating to IRC before bothering the CC
> with them.
Well put, that is exactly what I want to define in the document as
confusion around this area has caused unnecessary strife with issues
around xubuntu & ubuntu-devel.

> rather than some sweeping policing force for all of Ubuntuland on
> Freenode.
Agreed, that would not only be 'bad' to aim for, but impractical &
tbh, impossible to do.