IrcCouncilChanges: Decision making & coverage.

Jussi Schultink jussi01 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 11:48:48 UTC 2009

Hi Joe,

Many thanks for your input so far, its been useful and I think we can get
something worked out.

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Joseph Price <pricechild at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Howdy jussi. No, i don't think that the current wording produces
> quorum. It does require more than half the council to vote. It does
> not require more than half to vote one way. As you can see from my
> earlier example, this allows, and HAS allowed decisions to be made by
> only 2 people voting in favour, to the frustration of others.
>
>  I see your point now, and it certainly needs clarification. Perhaps you
could submit a suggestion that words it better?

As for the trademark policy, i don't want to see the council become
> aggressive in its management of our namespaces. I would like the
> contents of our GRF to be made clear to our community, (and if
> necessary, amend it.) i think we shouldn't decide what projects can
> and can't use our namespaces, rather assist with problems and resolve
> issues within our scope when required. We are operators, not
> moderators. That scope needs to be made explicit though. Is
> #mythbuntu-* part of it?

A definate +1 on making the GRF contents public and clear. again, your
thoughts here and ideas would be most appreciated. I think these things do
need thinking through, but the ideas also need to come from the community as
well as those on the councils. In regards to #mythbuntu-*, their channel
name is #ubuntu-mythtv. Whether we need to cover #mythbuntu-* is a good
question, but on first thought, I don't think so.

Once again, thanks for the time and effort you've put in to write to and
collaborate with us.

Jussi