Renewed call for nominees - IRC Council

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 2 07:23:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 7:50 AM, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> The Community Council would like to renew the call for nominations [1]
> for the staffing of the IRC Council. The IRC Council consists of five
> members and three seats are currently vacant. The Community Council
> will be working closely with the IRC Council over the coming 6-12
> months and it is an exciting time for the IRC community. We would
> really like to see some more nominees come forward with a passion for
> improving governance and user experience in our IRC channels, which
> are essential resources in the Ubuntu community as a whole.

Just to be clear - those who have already nominated themselves do not
need to do so again, they will already be taken into account. We're
simply extending the call for nominations to encourage a few more
nominees to come forward, not replacing the previous call for
nominations.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org