the irc lobby or foyer concept

Lorenzo J. Lucchini ljlbox at tiscali.it
Tue May 29 16:18:57 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 29 May 2007 10:04:54 Paul O'Malley wrote:

> [snip]
>
> This brings me to LjL's -meta which may become the hangout for people
> who want to help. Not a bad thing, but could the bot live with the load.

The bot can certainly live with the load, on a half-modern server.
It is currently running on a K6 300Mhz with 256Mb of RAM, which is also used
for other tasks.
Even on such a server, I am convinced that it can mostly take the load, once
the code is un-deoptimized; even right now, I think it is mostly keeping up
(except on times, like yesterday, when the server was thrashing due to other
reasons...).

> There seems to be some point in the calls the bots make part of python
> that needs to be dug into and cleaned up.

I'm not sure whether you're talking about MetaBot or Ubotu here. MetaBot is
written in PHP.
The sourcecode is currently not available, but it is my intention to GPL it
like just about everything else I do (not very much, admittedly).

> [snip]

by LjL
ljlbox at tiscali.it